Chesar 3.3 now available for download
An update of ECHA's Chemical Safety Assessment and Reporting tool, Chesar, has been published. Chesar 3.3 improves support for sectors developing use maps and for those using them.
- is compatible with IUCLID 6.2 and the IUCLID Cloud service;
- improves user-friendliness of the application, e.g. by providing exposure estimates for solid in liquid products using the embedded ECETOC TRA worker tool;
- improves the content of the reports generated, e.g. the chemical safety report and exposure scenarios for communication;
- enables use maps developers to automatically generate their use maps in the agreed format, and hence support their updates.
Refer to the release notes document to gather detailed information on all updates.
If you already are a Chesar user, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to Chesar 3.3. Also new users are invited to use this latest version. The update is fully compatible and works best with the latest version of IUCLID 6 (v6.2) also published on 15 November 2017.
Cefic has updated its catalogue of standard phrases for exposure scenarios. These phrases can be downloaded as a Chesar import file and used directly for preparing the exposure scenarios for communication with Chesar 3. More information available at Cefic website:
Join the crowd
The users of Chesar are on the rise.We encourage you to try Chesar tool and benefit from its advantages:
- Consistency between your chemical safety assessment, the information provided to the supply chain and to the authorities;
- Systematic workflow for preparing your chemical safety assessment;
- Creation of the chemical safety report and exposure scenarios to attach to your safety data sheets in a standard format with one click; and
- Efficiency due to integrated exposure estimation tools, the possibility to re-use information across substances and easy updating of your chemical safety assessment.