We have successfully adapted to the latest IUCLID format, and have resumed processing dossiers since 3 March 2022. Over the coming weeks we will catch up with the backlog of submissions since 14 October 2021, and expect to have all outstanding data online in approximately one month’s time. Please be aware that any new submissions will be at the back of the processing queue, and will be correspondingly delayed before publication. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
REACH - Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals Regulation
Registered Substances Factsheets
Substances which have been registered and can be placed on the EEA market by those companies with a valid registration
|Registrant/Supplier||Address||Country||Registration Status||Name||EC / List no.||CAS no.||Last update year||Details|
|-||-||-||-||1-(2-hydroxy-5-methylphenyl)dodecan-1-one oxime||433-200-5||50652-76-1||-||View substance registered dossier|
|Henkel AG & Co.KGaA - Non Phase In Substances||Henkelstrasse 67 40589 Duesseldorf Germany||Germany||Cease Manufacture||1-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1H-pyrazol-4,5-diyldiammoniumsulfate||429-300-3||155601-30-2||2016||View substance registered dossier|
|Wella Service GmbH_2||Berliner Allee 65 64274 Darmstadt Germany||Germany||Active||1-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1H-pyrazol-4,5-diyldiammoniumsulfate||429-300-3||155601-30-2||-||View substance registered dossier|
|Former NONS notifier unknown to ECHA - Contact the relevant UK competent national authority.||-||-||Active||1-(2-isopropylphenyl)-1-phenylethane;1-(3-isopropylphenyl)-1-phenylethane;reaction mass of: 1-(4-isopropylphenyl)-1-phenylethane||430-690-2||52783-21-8||-||View substance registered dossier|
|IFF Benicarlo, S.L.||Avda. Felipe Klein 2 12580 Benicarlo Castellon Spain||Spain||Active||1-(3,3-dimethylcyclohexyl)pent-4-en-1-one||422-330-8||56973-87-6||2012||View substance registered dossier|
|Former NONS notifier unknown to ECHA - Contact the relevant Spanish competent national authority.||-||-||Active||1-(3,3-dimethylcyclohexyl)pent-4-en-1-one||422-330-8||56973-87-6||-||View substance registered dossier|
|Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V.||Turnhoutseweg 30 2340 Beerse Belgium||Belgium||Cease Manufacture||1-(3-(4-fluorophenoxy)propyl)-3-methoxy-4-piperidinone||411-500-7||116256-11-2||2019||View substance registered dossier|
|Former NONS notifier unknown to ECHA - Contact the relevant Irish competent national authority.||-||-||Active||1-(3-cyclopentyloxy-4-methoxyphenyl)-4-oxo-cyclohexanecarbonitrile||427-450-4||152630-47-2||-||View substance registered dossier|
|Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG||Binger Strasse 173 55216 Ingelheim am Rhein Germany||Germany||Active||1-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-1-oxo-2-(N-benzyl-N-ethyl)aminoethane hydrochloride||401-840-4||55845-90-4||2012||View substance registered dossier|
|Former NONS notifier unknown to ECHA - Contact the relevant French competent national authority.||-||-||Active||1-(3-mesyloxy-5-trityloxymethyl-2-D-threofuryl)thymine||406-360-9||104218-44-2||-||View substance registered dossier|
|Former NONS notifier unknown to ECHA - Contact the relevant UK competent national authority.||-||-||Active||1-(3-mesyloxy-5-trityloxymethyl-2-D-threofuryl)thymine||406-360-9||104218-44-2||-||View substance registered dossier|
|Fine Organics Limited||Seal Sands TS2 1UB Middlesbrough Teesside United Kingdom||United Kingdom||No longer Valid||1-(3-mesyloxy-5-trityloxymethyl-2-D-threofuryl)thymine||406-360-9||104218-44-2||2021||View substance registered dossier|
|Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V.||Turnhoutseweg 30 2340 Beerse Belgium||Belgium||Cease Manufacture||1-(3-methoxypropyl)-4-piperidinamine||431-950-8||179474-79-4||2019||View substance registered dossier|
|Former NONS notifier unknown to ECHA - Contact the relevant Dutch competent national authority.||-||-||Active||1-(3-phenylpropyl)-2-methylpyridinium bromide||405-930-4||10551-42-5||-||View substance registered dossier|
In this table, you will find all public data submitted to ECHA in REACH registration dossiers by substance manufacturers, importers, or their representatives, as laid out by the REACH Regulation (see Understanding REACH regulation).
ECHA makes available this information as REACH registered substance factsheets, which contain the full set of non-confidential information from related registration dossiers for a substance. Depending on the number of registrations that have been made for a substance, one factsheet can thus represent data from anything between hundreds of registration dossiers in a joint submission, to data from just one registration dossier.
As noted in the Legal Notice of the ECHA website, ECHA does not give any guarantees or warranties regarding the quality and correctness of the published information. The information in the portal is published ‘as provided’ by industry, and its accuracy has not been verified by ECHA. ECHA is also not in a position to intervene with, edit or correct the published data; this can only be done by the registrant responsible for its submission. Please also note that the information may be protected and its use may require prior permission from its owner (see the ECHA website Legal Notice more details).
In the portal results table are presented:
- Public substance identity – the best available non-confidential substance name, EC, and CAS numbers.
- Registration status – indicating the calculated registration status for the whole factsheet: Active – is being manufactured or imported to the EEA by one or more registrants; Cease Manufacture - is no longer being manufactured or imported above 1 tone per calendar year. All registrants of the substance have reported a cease of manufacture or import; or No longer valid - no longer considered registered under REACH and not currently allowed to be manufactured or imported to the EEA, until the substance is registered again.
- Registration type – indicating whether a given factsheet contains data from a REACH full registration, REACH intermediate registration, or only a limited set of data inherited from a NONS notification.
- Submission type – indicating whether the data in a given factsheet was submitted jointly or individually.
- Total tonnage band – calculated per factsheet from all contributing registrations, based on the estimated quantity of the substance placed on the market. Data is excluded from dossiers where the tonnage is claimed confidential, from Intermediate registration dossiers, and from NONs which have not been updated.
- Last updated – indicating the date on which this registered substance factsheet was last modified with new or updated data, based on an industry submission.
- Link to the full factsheet.
A subset of the key chemical properties (physico-chemical, environmental fate, ecotoxicological and toxicological data) of registered substances can be searched and accessed via the OECD eChemPortal.
Welcome to the REACH Registered Substance Factsheets
Here you will find details from REACH registrations submitted to ECHA. Registrations under REACH can be submitted either jointly – where a group of legal entities pool their data – or individually. The set of details from each published joint or individual submission is presented as a row in the results table. For each row there is also an ‘eye’ icon leading to the detailed factsheet which contains the entire public dataset, following the IUCLID format.
Note that there can be more than one joint or individual submission for the same substance, thus there can be cases where one substance is covered by many REACH registered substance factsheets.
Note too, that as mentioned in the Legal Notice of the ECHA website, ECHA does not give any guarantees or warranties regarding the quality and correctness of the published information. The information in the portal is published ‘as provided’ by industry, and its accuracy has not been verified by ECHA. ECHA is also not in a position to intervene with, edit or correct the published data; this can only be done by the registrant responsible for its submission.
Finally, please note that the information may be protected and its use may require prior permission from its owner (see the ECHA website Legal Notice more details).
All substances table
The “All substances” table gives an overview of all the REACH registered substance factsheets on file at ECHA. Since this covers all data ever submitted since the entry into force of the REACH Regulation, there are some substances which are no longer considered registered under REACH in the EU / EEA. These can be for example substances that were registered only in the UK; since Brexit they are no longer registered in the EU / EEA.
The following columns are presented in the “All substances” table:
- Public substance identity – the best available non-confidential substance name, EC, and CAS numbers.
- ‘Eye’ icon linking to the full factsheet.
The search for REACH registered substance factsheets is divided into logically separated blocks of related search filters. Note that the search works so that if you provide filters in different blocks, then the results returned must match the filters in block 1 AND those in block 2 etc. Searches are conducted on all the public data included in all published REACH registrations.
In this block you can search by substance identifiers, under filters for Name, EC / List number, and CAS number. Full or partial identifiers can be used. And under the Name filter you can search by any substance name of any kind from any source. Other numerical identifiers such as Harmonised C&L Index number, or PIC CN code can also optionally be used.
In this block you can search by administrative information relating to REACH registered substance factsheets:
- Registration type – picklist of Full, Intermediate, NONS
- Registration status – picklist of Active, Cease Manufacture, No longer valid
- Submission type – Individual or Joint
- Country in which registered – picklist of current and former EU / EEA member states from which REACH registrations were received
- First published date – the date when a REACH registration factsheet was first published
- Last update date – the last date when any registrant / supplier submission contributing to a given REACH registration factsheet was submitted
- Last update year – the year in which any registrant / supplier last made an update submission included in a given REACH registration factsheet
- Registrant / supplier name – where available and not claimed confidential
- Registration number – where available and not claimed confidential
- Registrant address – where available and not claimed confidential
In this block you can search by substance related data from REACH registered substance factsheets:
- Tonnage band – picklist of Tonnage range, Tonnage Confidential, Intermediate use only
- Selected total tonnage band range – available only if Tonnage range is selected, and allows to filter REACH registered substance factsheets within any selected min and max value
- Substance has nanoform – picklist of Yes, No
- PBT assessment outcome – picklist of all possible PBT assessment outcomes
- CSA performed – picklist of Yes, No
Use and exposure
In this block you can search by elements relating to how use and exposure are encoded in REACH registrations.
Under the Life cycle option you can select one or more life cycle stages. The search results returned will include only factsheets containing uses reported under the selected life cycle stages.
Under the Category option there are modal popups for each of the use descriptor categories – Product, Sector of use, Process, Environmental release, and Article categories. In each of these are multi select picklists for all the related descriptor codes. The search results returned will include only factsheets containing uses which include the selected descriptor codes.
Note that the Life cycle and Category options work together, so that if a life cycle stage and Category options are both selected the search results will include factsheets containing specific uses in the selected life cycle stage, and where the use includes the selected descriptor codes.
With the search operator option you can select to refine how the search works. AND refines results and returns only those factsheets where ALL the search filter criteria are met. OR broadens the results and returns factsheets where ANY of the selected search filter criteria are met.
There is always a detailed factsheet per joint or individual submission, and it is generated based primarily on the IUCLID format.
The factsheet header begins with the identity of the substance in question, to which the factsheet is linked. The substance identity should always be aligned with that shown in the related substance Infocard. Note that since the Infocard refreshes daily, whereas the factsheet sometimes refreshes on a slower pace, sometimes the data may be out of alignment. In such cases it will always realign as quickly as possible.
The substance identification is enriched with the data provided in the relevant IUCLID section of the primary submitted dossier – either the joint submission lead, or the single individual submission.
In this section are also provided the type of substance, all other identifiers such as trade names, common names, other names etc, as well as all distinct submitted compositions for the substance.
Next is a page covering administrative type information from the data submitted, including:
Registration details, on the total tonnage band informed to ECHA, the registration type, first published and last updated dates, and whether a chemical safety assessment has been performed.
Registrant / supplier details, giving the identity and status of registrants / suppliers, except where the identity has been claimed confidential.
Registration numbers, giving again the identity and status of registration numbers, except where claimed confidential.
Contact persons responsible for the SDS, giving the non-confidential SDS contacts provided to ECHA.
The remainder of the factsheet faithfully follows the IUCLID structure, covering the C&L and PBT, Manufacture, use, and exposure, Physical and chemical properties, Environmental fate and pathways, Ecotoxicological information, Toxicological information, Analytical methods (if available), Guidance on safe use, Assessment reports, and Reference substances.