Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 615-997-3
CAS number: 73590-85-9
- General advice: First aider needs to protect himself. Move out of dangerous area. Victim to lie down in the recovery position, cover and keep him warm. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. In the case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible).
- If inhaled: Remove to fresh air. Make the victim blow his nose. Oxygen or artificial respiration if needed. Get medical advice/ attention.
- In case of skin contact: Wash off immediately with soap and plenty of water. Take off contaminated clothing and shoes immediately. Get medical advice/attention.
- In case of eye contact: Rinse immediately with plenty of water, also under the eyelids, for at least 15 minutes. Keep eye wide open while rinsing. If easy to do, remove contact lens, if worn. In case of problems, get medical advice.
- If swallowed: Rinse mouth with water. Do not induce vomiting without medical advice. In case of problems, get medical advice.
- Suitable extinguishing media: Water spray, Carbon dioxide (CO2), Alcohol-resistant foam, Dry powder
- Specific hazards during firefighting: Exposure to decomposition products may be a hazard for health.
In case of fire hazardous decomposition products may be produced such as: carbon oxides, nitrogen oxides (NOx), gaseus hydrogen fluoride (HF).
- Special protective equipment for firefighters: In the event of fire, wear self-contained breathing apparatus. Wear full protective suit.
- Further information for firefighters: In the event of fire and/or explosion do not breathe fumes. Collect contaminated fire extinguishing water separately. This must not be discharged into drains. Keep containers and surroundings cool with water spray.
- Personal precautions : Ensure adequate ventilation. Evacuate personnel to safe areas. Do not get in eyes or mouth or on skin. Avoid dust formation. Avoid breathing dust. Use personal protection equipment.
- Environmental precautions : Do not allow to enter drains, water courses or soil. Prevent further leakage or spillage.
- Methods for cleaning up : Pick up and transfer to properly labelled containers. Pick up and arrange disposal without creating dust. Clean contaminated floors and objects thoroughly while observing environmental regulations.
- Waste treatment methods: Send waste substance/mixture to authorized collector for incineration under controlled conditions or appropriate disposal in accordance with local regulations. Do not allow to enter drains, water courses or soil. Spilled or bulk substance/mixture must be intercepted and disposed in the same way as the substance/mixture itself.
- Advice on safe handling : Ensure adequate ventilation. Avoid dust formation. Avoid breathing dust. Do not get in eyes or mouth or on skin. Wear personal protective equipment.
- Advice on protection against fire and explosion: Use only in area provided with appropriate exhaust ventilation. Avoid dust formation. Take measures to prevent the build-up of electrostatic charge. Ensure grounding of equipment and personnel (use of dissipative personal protective equipment). Risk of dust explosion.
- Hygiene measures : Do not get in eyes or mouth or on skin. Avoid breathing dust. Take off all contaminated clothing immediately. Wash hands and face before breaks and immediately after handling the product. When using do not eat, drink or smoke. Regular cleaning of equipment, work area and clothing. Handle in accordance with good manufacturing and safety practice.
- Storage conditions : Keep in a dry place. Keep in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed. Protect from light, moisture and damage.
- Protective measures : Ensure that eyewash stations and safety showers are close to the workstation location.
The type of protective equipment must be selected according to the exposure time and amount of the dangerous substance/mixture at the specific workplace.
Personal protective equipment should be inspected prior to use and applied in accordance with the purpose and the manufacturer's instructions.
When working with >10 kg of powder with high dustiness potential for more than 30 min or with >100 kg of powder with medium dustiness potential for more than 30 min:
Engineering and organizational protective measures:
Use of local exhaust ventilation. All working surfaces should be non-porous and easily cleaned.
The use of personal protective equipment: protective suit, Safety shoes (EN ISO 20345), protective gloves (EN 374), nitrile rubber gloves (thickness 0.15 mm), Gloves must be inspected prior to use., safety glasses with side-shields (EN166), dust respirator with filter P3 (EN 149)
- Environmental exposure controls
General advice : The product should not be allowed to enter drains, water courses or the soil. Prevent leakage or spillage.
No dangerous reaction known under conditions of normal use.
Stable under normal conditions.
Possibility of hazardous reactions:
No data available.
Conditions to avoid :
Dust may form explosive mixture in air. Take measures to prevent the build-up of electrostatic charge. Avoid excessive heat.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Hazardous decomposition products:
No hazardous decomposition products are known.
Send waste substance/mixture to authorized collector for incineration under controlled conditions or appropriate disposal in accordance with local regulations. Do not allow to enter drains, water courses or soil.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again