Registration Dossier

Registration Dossier

Diss Factsheets

Physical & Chemical properties

Particle size distribution (Granulometry)

Currently viewing:

Administrative data

Link to relevant study record(s)

Reference
Endpoint:
particle size distribution (granulometry)
Type of information:
experimental study
Adequacy of study:
key study
Study period:
2018-05-25
Reliability:
1 (reliable without restriction)
Rationale for reliability incl. deficiencies:
guideline study
Qualifier:
according to guideline
Guideline:
OECD Guideline 110 (Particle Size Distribution / Fibre Length and Diameter Distributions - Method A: Particle Size Distribution (effective hydrodynamic radius)
GLP compliance:
no
Other quality assurance:
ISO/IEC 17025 (General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories)
Type of method:
sieving
Type of particle tested:
primary particle
Type of distribution:
mass based distribution
Mass median aerodynamic diameter:
>= 50 - <= 160 µm
Geometric standard deviation:
0
Key result
Percentile:
other: D98
Mean:
160 µm
Remarks on result:
other: no St. dev. stated in the report
No.:
#1
Size:
50 µm
Distribution:
0 %
No.:
#2
Size:
75 µm
Distribution:
0.43 %
No.:
#3
Size:
100 µm
Distribution:
0.57 %
No.:
#4
Size:
125 µm
Distribution:
1 %
No.:
#5
Size:
160 µm
Distribution:
98.01 %
Conclusions:
The volume median diameter was determined to be > 160 µm. More than 98% of the particles in the sample have a particle size > 160 µm, whereas the remaining 2% show the following distribution:
- 1.0% of test material having a diameter o 125 - 160 µm
- 0.57% of the test material having a diameter of 100 - 125 µm
- 0.43% of the test material having a diameter of 75 - 100 µm
- 0.00 % of the test material having a diameter of 50 - 75 µm
Executive summary:

Using the laser diffraction (ISO 13320) method to study the particle size of DL-Alanine, the volume median diameter (Dv50) was determined to be 144.1 µm (arithmetic mean of four measurements). The particle size distribution was found to range from approximately 1 µm to 500 µm.

68% of the particles in the sample have a particle size > 100 µm, whereas the remaining 32% show the following distribution:

- 2.6% of test material having a diameter < 5 µm

- 0.8% of the test material having a diameter of 5 - 10 µm

- 28.6% of the test material having a diameter of 10 - 100 µm.

Description of key information

Using the laser diffraction (ISO 13320) method to study the particle size of DL-Alanine, the volume median diameter (Dv50) was determined to be 144.1 µm (arithmetic mean of four measurements). The particle size distribution was found to range from approximately 1 µm to 500 µm.

68% of the particles in the sample have a particle size > 100 µm, whereas the remaining 32% show the following distribution:

- 2.6% of test material having a diameter < 5 µm

- 0.8% of the test material having a diameter of 5 - 10 µm

- 28.6% of the test material having a diameter of 10 - 100 µm.

Additional information

EU Privacy Disclaimer

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our websites.